Saturday completely squashed those thoughts. I turned a part of my past into something I can carry into my future proudly, and I am currently riding that high like a wave that I hope will flow into my other projects like a tide washing over a sandy beach.
I have never been more proud to show you what I accomplished in 24 hours.
This was my dad's old work shirt. (Retired because he lost so much weight and now has no need for a 3X work uniform shirt)
yes, the collar is now my waist belt.
Once I got the top done, the bottom just had to be pleated and sewed on. I apologize for the pictures, it had been a long day and my camera battery was dying. (The buttons in this pic make it look like it's too tight but
I was standing in an awkward position so it was pulling a bit)
My dad was proud.
My dad's coworkers (who have the same uniform shirt) and their wives were amazed.
I was excited.
This is what I made.
With my own two hands, in one day.
The rush is intoxicating.
11 comments:
Oh wow, this is amazing! It suits you perfectly, and the conversion is incredible.
When I looked at the first photo I thought you were just going to take it in and make a cute shirt dress, but this is even better :-)
What a wonderful job you did no one would know it was an old shirt well done you smart thing.
Oh my giddy aunt. That is ah-mazing. The fabric is perfect for that style! Well done you. Fantastic bit of re-use too. I know how you feel, l was determined to get 2 dresses sewn whilst off work for a couple of weeks, and l got there by the skin of my teeth!
Great job, the dress look so pretty and it fits you perfectly!
Oh my goodness that dress is amazing! Very clever, I wish I had the sewing skills to make something like that.
Love this, you look great, i always feel good making something me self too!
love your about me 'aspiring pin up' haha love that!
SEOX
I want to make a Pea Coat butt i don't know how, where do you get your patters?
This looks amazing! Can you give a pattern or anything like that, I want to make this too! :)
I actually don't use patterns unless im sewing for someone else, bu tI think there's a pattern in "New Look 6457" that looks alot like what I did.
OMG!!!!! That is fantastic!!! I love it...it's gorgeous.
That´s amazing, love it!
Post a Comment