About Me

My photo
Writer. Aspiring Pinup. Journalist. Liberal. Hippopotamus. Dancer. Fashionista. Makeup Junkie. Risk taker. Seamstress. Photographer. Hoarder. Music Addict. Incurable Optimist. Shoe Collector. Tree-hugger. Feminist. Listener. accident prone. Mad Men watcher. Sailor without the mouth.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh My God Buddy You Would Kill Yourself

Sometimes there are circumstances in life that make days seem unworthwhile.
Rain, for instance.
It makes everything damp, and clammy.
You stop feeling your fingers and toes in just a few minutes outside.
You squint cuz u get little rain droplets tryin ta poke your eyeballs out.
(ok dramatic, but aside from all that I promise I like the rain)
And let's not forget wind.
Forget you can't do ANYTHING with your hair that'll last through the day or
that thick sweaters are a must!
Wind makes the dirt fly and empty wrappers soar through the air and
try ta poke ur eyeballs out.
(ok, also dramatic, but that aside I promise I like the wind)
But like an 80's throw away camera, we gotta turn the negatives into positive!
Today was windy, rainy, and looking like a big boring mess!
But, upon my new goal to live every day like an adventure, unexpectedly,
I had one :]
Running like a crazy person in the wind and rain with my newest bestie Nancy to get our textbooks!
I seriously felt like a little kid today freaking out over a giant gate and running away from it roaring like a scene outta Jurassic Park.
Laughing at how stupid it must've looked from a stranger's perspective!
Me and Nancy running and laughing... and then she almost got decapitated by a rogue door!
You know it's an adventure when you almost pee yourself!
:D
And that's what makes those kinds of windy rainy, unpleasantly gray days worthwhile in the end
A good sidekick :]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your liveliness! This is truly refreshing. The unpredictable weather makes the day magically adventurous. I can wait to read more....