About Me

My photo
Writer. Aspiring Pinup. Journalist. Liberal. Hippopotamus. Dancer. Fashionista. Makeup Junkie. Risk taker. Seamstress. Photographer. Hoarder. Music Addict. Incurable Optimist. Shoe Collector. Tree-hugger. Feminist. Listener. accident prone. Mad Men watcher. Sailor without the mouth.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Everlasting

I'm Wearing:
Maroon top-Wet Seal
Jeans-Forever21
Jacket- PacSun
Shoes-Payless (Saved pair, but that's a different post!)
Necklace- Gift
 This isn't really an outfit post, even though, yes, I am wearing an outfit. ha.

It's really just for me to share in my excitement of one of my new fave lipstick shades!
 I was at Rite Aid last night shoppin for shampoo and paper towels when I noticed a new section in the makeup aisle! (I swear I can like, smell new lipstick shades a mile away)
 I saw the bottom and noticed the shimmer in the deepness of the red and knew I had to have it. I'm normally not a fan of reds with gold shimmer flecks but I reeeeally like this one. I already have my perfect shades of everyday red, classic pinup/cherry red, matte deep red, and now this one is my perfect shimmer deep red.
(ok so that last sentence makes me sound crazy to some people but my fellow red-lipstick girls know it's not as easy as picking up the first red you see!)

You can see the grainy texture of the little glitters in the next pic:
 I really like what deep reds do for my skin tone. Because my hair is so dark and my skin pretty fair I like how dark lips make my face just stand out. (The lighting in my room is awful, I always look yellow :P )
Someday soon I'll be getting a tripod so I can say bye bye to mirror pics and hello to natural sunlight!
Thanks again for reading!

No comments: