About Me

My photo
Writer. Aspiring Pinup. Journalist. Liberal. Hippopotamus. Dancer. Fashionista. Makeup Junkie. Risk taker. Seamstress. Photographer. Hoarder. Music Addict. Incurable Optimist. Shoe Collector. Tree-hugger. Feminist. Listener. accident prone. Mad Men watcher. Sailor without the mouth.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No.8 Ballet Besties

Outfit: Black Tank and Belt- Forever 21 Pink Cardigan- Wet Seal (This little beauty only cost me a penny :))

Dark Grey Skirt- Thrifted and Altered

Tights- Target

Cooperative Shoes- Gift


There is a girl I met last semester who I've grown quite fond of these past few months. After figuring out we shared a major, a passion for ballet, and a love for laughing at random crap, we've become really close and I'm so glad! Having someone else who really understand my style makes me want to put that much more effort into what I want to look like and who I want to be. Also, it really gives me inspiration to go out and take a risk because I know there'll be someone out there who'll actually notice that I'm stepping a little bit out of my comfort zone.


Like with light pink lipstick instead of my usual red!


Also, she just so happened to buy these beautiful shoes for herself online a while back, and when they turned out to be a bit too big for her, I was HONORED to be the first person she thought of.

I love them because they look like ballet shoes. I've worn them many times but this is their first official debut on the blog, as well as saved pair number 8! :) This was from the first time I wore them: ...and another time when I wore them to a concert. (Just HAD to match the pink corset top!!) And as if gifting shoes wasn't enough, she'll constantly send me video clips of ballet dances or pictures of ballet shoes reminding me how we're both going to get on pointe someday. Yesterday, when we were hanging out, I mentioned my love for mermaids and how anything mermaid-related makes my heart skip a beat, she told me about this picture and sent it to me:
(Photo credit to http://deez-nailz.blogspot.com/2010/03/do-you-like-fishsticks-friday-night.html )


And so of course I was inspired and wanted to try it myself. Mine came out really different just because I wanted a more silvery base than a blue one, but I'm happy with the final result.

I guess I'm just really happy the new friends I'm making are positive influences, pushing me to keep working on my ballet skills, my writing, and my fashion. The support is always always appreciated :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! Your style is always just so cute! Those mermaid nails are so pretty and unique, I've never seen any like that before. <3

Vintage Hippo said...

aww thanks so much Saige!

Monique said...

Those shoes are very pretty!!!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, the outfit was lovely, the wardrobe with the glass doors really amazing (I want one like that!) and your nails? How did you get that effect? I loved it!

Vintage Hippo said...

I lightly layered and spotted different green nail polishes then covered it with a see-through silver glitter, then made criss cross stripes with a deep green. So glad you liked it!